algassania
algassania
algassania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
algassania

Teaching and Education

HomeHome  NEW TOPICS!!!!!NEW TOPICS!!!!!  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Dear Students, try this link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r6wharOxPespMyfz5KkPllg&gid=0
وتبقى حمص وتبقى الغسانية
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.....SYRIA..///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTYR....SYRIA///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.......SYRIA
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» truth about Syria
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm by Safwano

» A story you need to read all
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm by JOKER

» SYRIA...........................
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am by Admin

» What is chess?
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am by 3issam

» We are the champions
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am by 3issam

» school...........
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm by Admin

»  الشوكولا قريباً دواءٌ للسعال
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm by 3issam

»  دراسة: الكحول اكثر ضررا من الهيروين
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm by 3issam

» The marks of the Ninth Grade
Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am by Abdo Massouh

Poll
facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
haya al tarshe
THE JOKER
THE JOKER

Female
Job/hobbies : swimming
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009   Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:20 am

We have been seeing a lot of green on the red carpet lately, but this week’s colourful Style Winners & Losers were all about hot-pink and red.

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Rosario.jpg[/img]

Rosario Dawson

Christopher: Stephanie, I love this gorgeous Rafael Cennamo dress that Rosario Dawson wore down the red carpet for the 40th annual NAACP Image Awards last week. I can hear people now criticizing that this is simply an LBD and there’s nothing really that special about it. On the contrary… the black silk taffeta cocktail dress with the gorgeous pleated detailing down the side was the perfect choice for this actress.
His Verdict: Style Winner

Stephanie: You’re ever-so-right my dear. I’m in a steamy love affair with the pouf of the taffeta skirt that is just a tad retro without being over-the-top. The subtle belt-like band around her waist is a divine detail as well. Overall, this is a deliciously feminine look that’s still mature enough for someone as dynamic as Rosario.
Her Verdict: Style Winner
(credit: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Courtney.jpg[/img]

Courtney Love

Christopher: Courtney Love is someone who truly fascinates me on the red carpet. Words can’t even describe how bizarre and strangely fabulous she is. I know a lot of people are not going to love this dress, but I truly do love the elaborate Givenchy gown she wore to the ELLE Style Awards in London last week. The long draped black gown is elegant and the over-the-top flower petal shoulders… well, that’s a look that not just anyone can pull off. Stephanie, your verdict?

Stephanie: My verdict is actually more a state of confusion. Do I like this? I don’t know. Do I admire Courtney for having the guts to strut about in a puffed-sleeve shrug? Yes. The basic silhouette of the vampy black gown is dramatic, appealing and very flattering. It’s just that those sleeves…well…they boggle my mind. I’m sorry Chris, but we’ll have to agree to disagree. (She does make the red carpet much more interesting though.)
Her Verdict: Style Loser
(credit: Jon Furniss/Contributor)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Beyonce.jpg[/img]

Beyonce

Christopher: Now for Beyonce in something completely un-Beyonce like! At last week’s 40th annual NAACP Image Awards our gal B won the female artist category, but I also think she wins in the style category wearing this red carpet stunner by Naeem Khan. It’s just so different from anything we have seen her in before! The colour is absolutely gorgeous on Beyonce and the studded bling across her chest and waist give her some needed shimmer.

Stephanie: Huzzah! Totally agree with you. I’m ecstatic to see Beyonce in something that feels fresh, new and different on her, and thrilled the end result is one of vibrant success. The hot-pink breaks up a cut that could, potentially, appear too formal on the youthful superstar. And, much like a crow, I flock to things that sparkle, which is the reason I love the bejewelled detailing.
(credit: Maury Phillips/WireImage)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Gwyneth.jpg[/img]

Gwyneth Paltrow

Stephanie: Even fashion goddesses stumble now and then, a point Gwyneth Paltrow proved at a screening for Two Lovers in New York. There’s simply too much going on with this look. The gold shirt and black blazer would have been a hit if matched with designer jeans or black trouser-style pants. But it’s two thumbs down for her leather hot pants, black tights and grey lace-up ankle boots. Seriously…hot pants? Oh please don't let them be in fashion, oh please, oh please times infinity.
Her Verdict: Style Loser

Christopher: “Too much” is the perfect way to describe this mess! Steph, you are totally right. I mean, what in God’s name happened here? This Proenza Schouler getup looked almost cool on the runway, but in real life the gold neck top, leather hot shorts and blazer are a true mess. The whole look is so mismatched and overwhelming. Is she an ‘80s mamma with those high-waist shorts? Is she a disco queen with that horrid top? Who knows. Of course, one thing I do know is that the worst part of this entire ensemble is those way tacky grey suede ankles boots.
His Verdict: Style Loser
(credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Demi.jpg[/img]

Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore

Stephanie: I think the conversation these two are having goes a little something like this: “You look amazing,” “No, no, no, YOU look amazing”. Let’s settle this little tiff right now - Ashton and Demi, you both look incredible. Last week I lamented the lack of vision many male stars have when it comes to fashion as they play it safe with loose-fitting suits and only amp it up a notch with an interesting tie. Blah. Ashton manages to channel a taste of Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights with pants that are cut close to his body, a long coat and what’s that I spy? A cravat! How charming. Demi keeps it simple in a silver number with sparkling accents that shows off her legs and amazing shoes.
Her Verdict: Style Winners

Christopher: I love Ashton Kutcher and I love what he is wearing, as usual. Steph, you’re right! Ashton is definitely channeling some serious Wuthering Heights with his old-school cravat. Now, let me ask you, how many guys can pull this look off and still look totally cool? Of course, his best accessory is having Demi, wearing that gorgeous silver Escada, on his arm.
(credit: MICHAEL GOTTSCHALK/AFP/Getty Images)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Taylor.jpg[/img]

Taylor Momsen

Christopher: I don’t know why Gossip Girl Taylor Momsen always looks so damn miserable on the red carpet when she is wearing killer couture like this. I mean, how gorgeous is this dress? Stephanie, I will admit I am not a huge fan of Taylor’s rocker style locks - I much prefer the old-school “Jenny Humphrey” with her long blonde hair. But for what really counts, I absolutely love this oh-so ethereal Marchesa gown she wore to the amfAR gala in NYC last week. The colour is divine and I just love the way it flows to the bottom.

Stephanie: I’m an absolute sucker for anything flowing and feminine that channels Grecian inspiration. I also applaud the gold detailing on the dress and the jewel-encrusted hemline. All Ms. Gossip Pants has to do to reach utter perfection is soften up her hairstyle and make-up. The red lips clash with the gauzy beauty of this wearable masterpiece.
(credit: Jemal Countess/WireImage)

[img]http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/Photogallery/PHOTO_GALLERY_STYLEWINNERSLOSERS_FEB1609/Renee.jpg[/img]

Renee Zellweger

Christopher: I don’t even have to look at the picture and I can tell you it’s a Carolina Herrera dress. That’s how predictable Renee Zellweger has become on the red carpet. I can’t decide if staying insanely faithful to a designer is a good thing or a bad thing, but I guess when you have a fashion BFF like Carolina Herrera, who cares? This little red number that Renee wore during the Berlin Film Festival is definitely on the tame side, but I think red is Renee’s colour and the simple dress is a total pass this week.

Stephanie: Do I sense a touch of boredom in your comments, Chris? While yes, the Carolina Herrera route may be predictable, I wonder why Renee would bother to mess with a good thing? The wrapped cut criss-crosses her bust line nicely, while the length is absolutely perfect for Renee. The overall effect is one of delicate and classy femininity. Yes, it’s tame, but Renee isn’t really a wild one anyway, now is she?
(credit: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Back to top Go down
A.Sh
THE JOKER
THE JOKER
A.Sh

Male
Job/hobbies : Student,reading
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009   Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 am

nice
thanks
Back to top Go down
Tarek alkai
THE JOKER
THE JOKER
Tarek alkai

Male
Job/hobbies : student
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009   Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm

good
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009   Style Winners & Losers - February 16th, 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1