algassania
algassania
algassania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
algassania

Teaching and Education

HomeHome  NEW TOPICS!!!!!NEW TOPICS!!!!!  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Dear Students, try this link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r6wharOxPespMyfz5KkPllg&gid=0
وتبقى حمص وتبقى الغسانية
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.....SYRIA..///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTYR....SYRIA///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.......SYRIA
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» truth about Syria
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm by Safwano

» A story you need to read all
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm by JOKER

» SYRIA...........................
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am by Admin

» What is chess?
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am by 3issam

» We are the champions
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am by 3issam

» school...........
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm by Admin

»  الشوكولا قريباً دواءٌ للسعال
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm by 3issam

»  دراسة: الكحول اكثر ضررا من الهيروين
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm by 3issam

» The marks of the Ninth Grade
Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am by Abdo Massouh

Poll
facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beshr

Male
Job/hobbies : chess
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) Empty
PostSubject: Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour)   Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:52 pm

[center][b]Who's in control - The Internet or You?[/b][/center]
Do you know any people like these? They are part of a new addiction called INTERNET addiction.According to researcheers,Internet addicts spend at least thirty or forty hours online every week.The use of the Internet can be an addiction like alcoholism or drug use.People lose control of the time they spend on the Internet.
For example,one college student was missing for several days.His friends were worried,and they called the police.The police found the student in the computer lab :he was surfing the net-for SEVEN DAYS STRAIGHT.
Current studies estimate that about 6 to 10 percent of Internet users become addicted.And some researchers worry particularly about young people because the Internet is taking the place of the real world of friends and family.
Is "surfing the net" a hobby or an addiction for you? You may have a problem if you have these symptoms:
1. You do not go to important family events or you do not do school projects because you like to spend hours on the Internet.
2. You can't wait for your next online session.
3. You are determind to spend a brief time online, but then you spend several hours.
4. You go out with your friends less and less.
What is the cure ? There is counseling to help Internet addicts-even onlin.Some experts recommend that people set strict limits on theirfor Internet use.You have to control it.The Internet shouldn't control you.
Written by B.Zakhour
Back to top Go down
beshr

Male
Job/hobbies : chess
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour)   Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 am

Words you might found difficult:
addiction:[i]Something you can't stop doing[/i].
Ex1:Her previous novel dealt with her recovery from drug [b]addiction.[/b]
ex2:[i]Patrick is trying to cure himself of his [b]addiction[/b] to alcohol[/i].
According:as stated by.
Ex1:[b]According [/b]to Sarah they're not getting on very well at the moment.
Ex2:[b]According[/b] to our records you owe us $130.
Surfing:[i]to spend time visiting a lot of websites.[/i]
Ex1:Many towns and cities have cybercafés where you can [b]surf[/b] the Internet.
Ex2:I was [b]surfing[/b] until midnight last night.
Estimate: [i]an approximate calculation or judgment of the size, value, amount, cost, etc.[/i]
Ex1:We'll accept the lowest of three [b]estimates[/b] for the building work.
Ex2:The number of people who applied for the course was 120 compared with an initial [b]estimate[/b] of between 50 and 100.
Symptoms:[i]any feeling of illness or physical or mental change which is caused by a particular disease.[/i]
Ex1:He's complaining of all the usual [b]symptoms[/b] of flu - a high temperature, headache and so on.
Ex2:He's been HIV-positive for six years, but just recently he's started to develop the [b]symptoms[/b] of AIDS.
Back to top Go down

Extra your reading and vocab (written by B.Zakhour)
Page 1 of 1