algassania
algassania
algassania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
algassania

Teaching and Education

HomeHome  NEW TOPICS!!!!!NEW TOPICS!!!!!  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Dear Students, try this link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r6wharOxPespMyfz5KkPllg&gid=0
وتبقى حمص وتبقى الغسانية
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.....SYRIA..///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTYR....SYRIA///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.......SYRIA
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» truth about Syria
The Fox and the Goat EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm by Safwano

» A story you need to read all
The Fox and the Goat EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm by JOKER

» SYRIA...........................
The Fox and the Goat EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am by Admin

» What is chess?
The Fox and the Goat EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am by 3issam

» We are the champions
The Fox and the Goat EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am by 3issam

» school...........
The Fox and the Goat EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm by Admin

»  الشوكولا قريباً دواءٌ للسعال
The Fox and the Goat EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm by 3issam

»  دراسة: الكحول اكثر ضررا من الهيروين
The Fox and the Goat EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm by 3issam

» The marks of the Ninth Grade
The Fox and the Goat EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am by Abdo Massouh

Poll
facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Fox and the Goat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2008-10-18

The Fox and the Goat Empty
PostSubject: The Fox and the Goat   The Fox and the Goat EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 am

The Fox and the Goat
Illustrated by Jeremy Hollister
By an unlucky chance a Fox fell into a deep well from which he could not get out. A Goat passed shortly afterwards, and asked the Fox what he was doing down there. "Oh, have you not heard?" said the Fox; "there is going to be a great drought, so I jumped down here in order to be sure to have water by me. Why don't you come down too?"

The Goat thought well of this advice, and jumped down into the well. But the Fox immediately jumped on her back, and by putting his foot on her long horns managed to jump up to the edge of the well. "Good-bye, friend," said the Fox.
Remember next time...
Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
Belling the Cat
Illustrated by Suzanne Palmer
Once upon a time, all the mice met, together in council, to discuss the best means of securing themselves against the attacks of the cat.

After several suggestions had been debated, a Mouse of some standing and experience got up and said, "I think I have hit upon a plan which will ensure our safety in the future, provided you approve and carry it out. It is that we should fasten a bell around the neck of our enemy the cat, which will, by its tinkling, warn us of her approach."

This proposal was warmly applauded, and it had been decided to adopt it, when an old Mouse got upon his feet and said, "I agree with you all that the plan before us is an admirable one: but may I ask who is going to bell the cat?"
It is easy to propose impossible remedies.

The Bundle of Sticks
Illustrated by Michael Chan
A father had a family of sons who were perpetually quarreling among themselves. When he failed to heal their disputes by his exhortations, he determined to give them a practical illustration of the evils of disunion; and for this purpose he one day told them to bring him a bundle of sticks.

When they had done so, he placed the bundle into the hands of each of them in succession, and ordered them to break it in pieces. They tried with all their strength, and were not able to do it.

He next opened the bundle, took the sticks separately, one by one, and again put them into his sons' hands, upon which they broke them easily.

He then addressed them in these words: "My sons, if you are of one mind, and unite to assist each other, you will be as this bundle, uninjured by all the attempts of your enemies; but if you are divided among yourselves, you will be broken as easily as these sticks."

Union gives strength.
Back to top Go down
https://algassania2.mam9.com

The Fox and the Goat
Page 1 of 1