algassania
algassania
algassania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
algassania

Teaching and Education

HomeHome  NEW TOPICS!!!!!NEW TOPICS!!!!!  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Dear Students, try this link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r6wharOxPespMyfz5KkPllg&gid=0
وتبقى حمص وتبقى الغسانية
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.....SYRIA..///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTYR....SYRIA///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.......SYRIA
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» truth about Syria
flora and fauna  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm by Safwano

» A story you need to read all
flora and fauna  EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm by JOKER

» SYRIA...........................
flora and fauna  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am by Admin

» What is chess?
flora and fauna  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am by 3issam

» We are the champions
flora and fauna  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am by 3issam

» school...........
flora and fauna  EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm by Admin

»  الشوكولا قريباً دواءٌ للسعال
flora and fauna  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm by 3issam

»  دراسة: الكحول اكثر ضررا من الهيروين
flora and fauna  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm by 3issam

» The marks of the Ninth Grade
flora and fauna  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am by Abdo Massouh

Poll
facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

flora and fauna

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carla
THE JOKER
THE JOKER

Female
Registration date : 2010-10-21

flora and fauna  Empty
PostSubject: flora and fauna    flora and fauna  EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 am

Flora and fauna refer to plant and wildlife, respectively. The indigenous plant and wildlife of a geographical region is often referred to as that region’s flora and fauna. Both are collective terms, referring to groups of plant or wildlife specific to a region or a time period. For example, the flora and fauna of a warm region may consist of tropical to warm-temperate [url=http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-vegetation.htm][color=windowtext]vegetation[/color][/url] and exotic species of birds.

By definition, [i]flora [/i]is a word of Latin origin referring to Flora, the goddess of flowers. Flora can refer to a group of plants, a disquisition of a group of plants, as well as to bacteria. Flora is the root of the word [i]floral[/i], which means pertaining to flowers. [i]Fauna [/i]can refer to the animal life or classification of animals of a certain region, time period, or environment. Fauna is also of Latin origin. In Roman Mythology Fauna was the sister of Faunus, a good spirit of the forest and plains.

The flora and fauna of any given region is usually explained in biological terms to include the genus and species of plant and animal life, their preferred growing or breeding habits, and their connection to one another in the environment as well. In addition to geographical groupings, environment also helps further classifications of flora and fauna. For example, aquatic flora and fauna of a region refers to the plant and animal life found in the waters in or surrounding a geographic region.
Back to top Go down
Tony.sh
BLACK WOLF
Tony.sh

Male
Job/hobbies : chimstry....playing and listening muisc.....reading books
Registration date : 2010-10-01

flora and fauna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flora and fauna    flora and fauna  EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 am

thank you carla ...........thats good to learn about cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
carla
THE JOKER
THE JOKER

Female
Registration date : 2010-10-21

flora and fauna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flora and fauna    flora and fauna  EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:04 am

ur wlcc tony santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flora and fauna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: flora and fauna    flora and fauna  Empty

Back to top Go down

flora and fauna
Page 1 of 1