algassania
algassania
algassania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
algassania

Teaching and Education

HomeHome  NEW TOPICS!!!!!NEW TOPICS!!!!!  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Dear Students, try this link http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=r6wharOxPespMyfz5KkPllg&gid=0
وتبقى حمص وتبقى الغسانية
LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.....SYRIA..///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTYR....SYRIA///LONG LIVE OUR COUNTRY.......SYRIA
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» truth about Syria
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:42 pm by Safwano

» A story you need to read all
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm by JOKER

» SYRIA...........................
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am by Admin

» What is chess?
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am by 3issam

» We are the champions
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am by 3issam

» school...........
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm by Admin

»  الشوكولا قريباً دواءٌ للسعال
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm by 3issam

»  دراسة: الكحول اكثر ضررا من الهيروين
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm by 3issam

» The marks of the Ninth Grade
Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am by Abdo Massouh

Poll
facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beshr

Male
Job/hobbies : chess
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:38 am

[right]Apamea is located on the right bank of the Orontes river to the north west of Hama.[/right]
[right]It was built by Seleucus Nictor in 300 BCE overlooking the Ghab valley, and Seleucus named it after his wife Apamea.[/right]
[right]The city flourished and became an eastern crossroad, it was visited by Cleopatra,Septimus Serverus and the Emperor Caracalla.[/right]
[right]Apamea became a center of philosophy and thought.[/right]
[right][/right]
[right]This was written by B.Zakhour[/right]
[right][/right]
Back to top Go down
Zoze

Zoze

Female
Job/hobbies : Readin...
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:19 am

thx besh
Back to top Go down
beshr

Male
Job/hobbies : chess
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:41 am

[right]Some words you might found difficult:[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Bank: [i]sloping raised land, esp. along the sides of a river[/i], or a pile or mass of earth, clouds, etc.[/right]
[right]Ex1: By the time we reached the opposite [b]bank[/b], the boat was sinking fast.[/right]
[right]Ex2: These flowers generally grow on sloping river [b]banks[/b] and near stream.[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Overlooks: [i]to provide a view of, esp. from above[/i].[/right]
[right]Our hotel room [b]overlooked[/b] the harbor. Ex1:[/right]
[right]Ex2: Her bedroom has large windows [b]overlooking[/b] a lake.[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Valley: [i]an area of low land between hills or mountains, often with a river running through it.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1: The Nile [b]valley[/b] .[/right]

Ex2: The Thames [b]valley[/b] .[right]Ex3: There was snow on the hill tops but not in the [b]valley.[/b][/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Flourish[i]:[/i][i] [/i][i]to grow or develop successfully.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1:Nothing seems to [b]flourish[/b] in my garden perhaps the soil's too poor.[/right]
[right]Ex2:Rock'n'roll [b]flourished[/b] in the 1950s.[/right]
[right]Ex3:Four years ago, the country's tourist industry was [b]flourishing[/b].[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Extent: [i]area or length; amount.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1:From the top of the Empire State Building, you can see the full [b]extent[/b] of Manhattan.[/right]
[right]Ex2:We don't yet know the [b]extent[/b] of his injuries.[/right]
[right]Ex3: Rosie's teacher was impressed by the [b]extent[/b] of her knowledge.[/right]
[right]Ex4: The River Nile is over 6500 kilometers in [b]extent[/b].[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Crossroad: [i]a place where two roads meet and cross each other.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1:Turn left at the next [b]crossroads[/b].[/right]
[right]Ex2:Las Vegas is an important [b]crossroad[/b] in the desert.[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Distinguished: [i]to notice or understand the difference between two things, or to provide an unusual quality which makes something noticeably different from or better than others of the same type ,or someone or something unique and important.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1: I sometimes have difficulty [b]distinguishing[/b] Spanish from Portuguese.[/right]
[right]Ex2: It's important to distinguish between business and pleasure.[/right]
[right]Ex3:Some [b]distinguished[/b] actors like Robin Williams can't stop acting.[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Philosophy: [i]the use of reason in understanding such things as the nature of reality and existence, the use and limits of knowledge and the principles that govern and influence moral judgment.[/i][/right]
[right]Ex1:She studied [b]philosophy[/b] at college.[/right]
[right]Ex2:René Descartes is regarded as the founder of modern [b]philosophy.[/b][/right]
[right]Ex3:He works in the [b]philosophy[/b] department.[/right]
[right] [/right]
[font:34d8='Times New Roman']Written by B.Zakhour[/font]
Back to top Go down
rawan

Female
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:47 am

tu thaet's great
Back to top Go down
the slayer emperor
THE JOKER
THE JOKER
the slayer emperor

Male
Job/hobbies : student/ lots of stuff^o)
Humor : seeking greatness could cost you your soul
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:55 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9   Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Apamea English for Starters 8 Students' Book page 9
Page 1 of 1